Sunday, August 27, 2006

Remove and Replace

Had a good service today at Covenant. Really blessed by the sermon today by Ps Edmund Chan. :) Praise and Worship was good too, haha..cos they sang Hillsongs! Yay!

I guess what I really like about Covenant is the emphasis on being "in" Christ. Being a christian not as a performance driven kind of thing, but really, it is God who moulds us and grows us and makes us change. It is a gift! It isn't so much of our own labour or achievement to be more and more spiritual. So the emphasis is not on recruiting ple to ministry, or to attend this or that, to make ple give money, but rather, the emphasis on changing ple on the inside- leading them towards radical change in their behaviour.

He made a statement that really convicted my heart, that "God's work in us, must preceed His work through us". Really true! Its not about starting with the mindset that I (capital and bold- emphasis on self) am going to slay goliaths, do great things for God...I me and myself. But it is abt starting with the mindset that God- I can do nothing except IN You!! Hence it is of utmost importance that God works within our hearts first, whereby we come to this place of surrender, obedience, and where we may lay down our pride...all glory goes to Him. Its not about the goliaths that WE have slain. Its all about obedience toward Him, and being His tools.

Really exciting, met up with Benny, ex-chef of Goshen Restaurant just now too. He is going to start a Fifteen Restaurant equivalent in Singapore! :) Genuinely very happy for that to happen. Youths must be given a direction and purpose. That is so impt! One day I hope that the model will include depressed kids as well.

No comments: