Monday, August 07, 2006

The Cross

Long time since I blogged here, but I was so touched and challenged by a sermon that I downloaded from Cornerstone, that after listening to it, I wept in conviction of my sin, and how I've misinterpreted what the cross means.

http://www.cscc.org.sg/cornerstone/spiritualfood/spiritualfood4.htm

The msg was by Pastor David Ravenhill, titled "The Cross". Do download it to listen if u have the time to. Its such a vastly different msg from those I've heard, I wish that I could type it out. But mainly, the gist of it, was that God sent Jesus so that He could bring us to Himself. It was not so that we could dump our sins with Him, and then have a tkt to heaven, and that was that. But now that we are saved, we become slaves/servants to God.

And he said..many of us christians, after we have been saved, we don't ask God what our purpose was. But instead, we continue on with the plans that we have. E.g. a person who aspired to be a lawyer, is converted some time when he is 16, and he just continues on to go to law school, cos thats what he always wanted to do. But how can it be after conversion, that this person's life remains the same? Planning and going about doing what he wanted to do all his life, even before he became a christian.

Ahh..u must listen to the sermon! I was so convicted that I cried, cos I told God, if He wanted to send me to somewhere in the world to preach, I would go. And then I thought of my parents angry with me. But I felt something broke tonight. And I surrendered control of my life to God.

No comments: