Saturday, August 19, 2006

It's really tuff...

Just went to Dr. AR Bernard's session at CHC, and will go again tmr. Was really blessed once again by his wisdom on social order and how God wanted to restore social order again...on earth, so that the world can function as what God originally inspired. Truly very inspiring. :) And he talked abt how God will use us to speak to men in authority, so that these men in authority can also influence and change culture. Reminds me of how God is opening doors for me in the co. to speak to the director.
But at the end of the msg, I think I couldn't identify with Pastor Kong's conclusion on the sermon cos I kinda had a diff conclusion about it. I think Dr. Bernard wasn't trying to get at us being the top lawyer/business person etc, but really abt the wisdom of God in diff situations in reaching out to individuals. How God can use us to influence ple in authority, so I may just be a small secretary in the office yet, God will open doors for me to speak to my boss in authority. Its really abt wisdom of God and this awareness that God is working in every person's life, and we are partners with Him. Its not really about us being the best this and top that in our industry.

It's really tuff thinking differently from other ple, its like u got some disease or something, or u ate some pills that makes u see the world in different colour. When I went back home and discussed with my sis, she said I was quite skewed in my thinking, and that after a while we stopped discussing cos it got uncomfortable. I really don't know why I have to go around explaining to ple my stand. And it is really tuff and painful to be different from the rest. I am really not very secure I guess. It gets lonely being different. :( And tiring.

2 comments:

didi said...

hi

in a way... you trying to change the culture of your workplace does speak of being a small secretery who one day can influence the big boss of the company in his decisions :) so hahaha... your way of thinking does imply the way you work mah... :) I believe you will one day help influence people in authority :) GO XJ!!!!
didi

Lois said...

thanks my dear. :)