Saturday, November 25, 2006

Rebuilding our altars

Was really encouraged by Pastor Kai's msg today at Prayer and Praise. I felt that it was the word in season for me. How Elisha had to rebuild the altar before the fire came down. How we as christians have to rebuild our altar before revival will come.

I have a lot a lot of rebuilding to do. How I have come so short of Him, with my whinning, bad attitude and focusing on the nitty gritty stuffs that I don't like. How I am simply so distracted. It wasn't even specific things that had become my idol. It was just losing my focus on Him, and no longer having that kind of child like faith to believe in Him. I know that it will take some time for the altar to be rebuilt, but nevertheless, I was really encouraged.

It amazes me at times how the same God can speak to us in the same manner in different settings. What do I mean by this? CHC style of ministry and worship is different from CEFC. And in many occasions in the past at CHC, I had felt God's touch, and the Holy Spirit's presence over me. Similarly in CEFC, for example today, I felt the same touch of the Holy Spirit, and it was the same peace and assurance that came upon me. :D So God doesn't come by formulas and styles, He comes when a people seek Him and worship Him.

Have u ever felt so "naked" before the Lord? Like He knows u inside out and u can't hide anything from Him. And u feel so humbled. No matter how much self-justification, pretending to be good & alright, He just searches so deeply on the inside.

Been very burdened about a lot of stuffs. Especially wrt how comfortable many christians are...the lack of urgency...living like peace time when it is war time. Was just sharing with a sister from GIC CF, and she pointed out that sometimes, when burdens are given to us, it is time to look inward. Something like looking at the plank in yr own eye first, let ourselves be changed, and others be impacted by the change they see in us. And I find that is really insightful.

No comments: