Sunday, March 25, 2007

Is it time to start anew?

I'm so thankful for the sermon today, and this one phrase that Pastor Ed shared lingers in my heart even now. Peace is not the absence of trouble but the presence of God. It brings to my mind my journey back then in ministry, thinking about whether the many troubles that happened to my cell group members and myself meant that I was not called to serve in this area. And this sermon gave me a revelation that perhaps God had wanted me to walk through the troubles, with His presence by my side. Not to fix my eyes on the problems and fixing my eyes on what He has called me to do.

Seeing the video today with the vibrant youths made my heart leap with excitement. Youths...an age where they are so mouldable and in need of proper guidance. In need of love and their love tank to be filled. It stirred deep within me memories of youths jumping up and down in CHC. Heh. It reminded me of how yielded youths can be. And I remembered the faces of youths who felt unloved, who dropped out from school, who took up smoking, who felt lonely, who struggled with their studies, who were upset with their friends...Tears of healing streaming down faces of youths...Oh gosh, this love I've for youths. Though I have some apprehensions, my counseling teacher said before, if yr own love tank is empty, u have nothing to offer others! I wonder if my love tank has been refilled. Or do I need more time?

No comments: