Saturday, September 02, 2006

I've to let this go..

Hello hello..yr Target?

Yr Forecast?

Attendance is low, can u all try to bring more...?

"Hello...hey check with u something, what is yr average prayer hour?"

A: "Hello...hey, are you going for the prayer meeting?"
B: "Nope, I'm not... I gotto take care of my mum at home."
C: "Er...hmm...try and go la. Have faith. The prayer meeting will be good."

Communication is an art.
If u miss that, it is going to come out as pressure and not love.

Fang says that mature christians/ leaders will know what is the heart of the pastor. It is not for numbers, but it is for souls. For individuals to come to know God.

Question is, when systems are in place, numbers are to be submitted, how can one ensure that he keeps his heart on the right focus?

I failed. It wasn't me at all, to lecture ple for their legitimate reasons for not going for cg/service. I don't have a conviction in my heart that attendance measured a person's spirituality. But then in my heart, when someone told me he couldn't come, naturally I would think.. sigh, attendance dropped.

I started to dislike myself for thinking that way. Its shdn't be that way at all. What are are concerned about and who are u working for, XJ???

In my search for perfection in everything I did, I was angry with myself for a long time. My conscious bugged me. Is this what being a christian is all about?

What makes a man a christian? Is it by his attendance for activities?
Who can judge a man but God.

Leaders are mere facilitators, mere servants of God.
We are nothing. When we begin to think we are something, we are finished.

When we begin to apply man-made traditions on ple, and man-made judgements/rituals to follow, we put bondages on people.

Man-made systems are not perfect, and neither is man. I am ashamed to say, I've done things wrongly. But thank God for the grace to step down, to start all over again. :)

I care a lot about how ple view me, abt how they view my "spiritual condition". That's because I think ple judge others by what they do on the outside. I know I am not perfect, and I try hard to prevent myself from bitterness. I almost try and justify myself and wanna shout it out- I am doing spiritually okay! But what defines spiritually okay anyway?

I have to be true to myself, and I am who I am. There are things I love that others don't. There're preferences I have that make me unique. And this is me.

1 comment:

Mark Tay said...

Well its a brand new start isn't it? We all hope for the road less travelled but when life doesn't turn out that way, we can at least thank God for the Grace He poured into our mistakes ...