Friday, July 11, 2008

Set free

Thankful again for a quiet night to write. ;) Writing is a blessing. Tmr is still work day so I shan't write too long!
This week was a very busy week for me, averaged about 5-6 hrs of sleep per day. My eye rings are all coming out! Yet it was one of the most fruitful weeks thus far. As yup, I'm starting to enjoy work and remember why I was there. :)
Last sun it was a message on what christianity is about. Actually it is a complicated thing to explain, but it all boils down, I realise, to the saving work of Christ on the cross. And as I was waiting for communion, I asked God to set me free from all the shackles inside my heart. And I thought of this verse:
36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
John 8:36
And felt impressed upon my heart that God was showing me, from the day I walked down the altar and prayed the sinners prayer (10 years ago!), He already set me free. It was such a powerful but simple revelation.

With this revelation of being free, I realise I do not need to work to gain approval from others. And basically, my security is not based on what other people said about me, neither was it based on how well I performed at work. But I am secure in Christ. =)

Yup yup...so tis is a short update, and I am so tired. I'm gonna pray and sleep already.

Next week is Go Forth Conference! :) Yay. I'm looking forward to it, hoping to have a fresh touch from God.

2 comments:

Lill said...

Yes the Lord does everything the moment we accept Him as our Saviour. He wipes the slate clean, breaks chains, casts Satan, heals, brings peace, delivers....it is up to us to believe it!

I am still struggling sometimes with Him setting me free---from me. I am awful to myself alot and do fight consistently against myself.....I know He set me free, now if I can just tell myself that.

Your post was something I needed to read....He is setting me free...

You are also like me in that I work to gain approval from others.....I must know that it is approval from God that should be desired....I struggle everyday to get others to like me....or notice that I am in existence....I thank you for your post...I will probably be posting about this really soon on mine....stop by soon, I have put up some pics of my gorgeous nephews.....

Lois said...

hey Lill,

Yes, actually He has already set us free. =) Somedays I dont feel very free either, but the truth is we have already been set free! So got to keep renewing our minds with the Word of God, and don't allow the accusations of the evil one to come.

I think u r wonderful person fr yr blog! May u find security and joy in God, sister. God bless u for yr heart. =)